Thursday, January 15, 2015

A long (and I think good) listen: Tim Ferriss podcast on "the microbiome"

So - I have been travelling a lot lately.  On one of my trips - to Las Vegas and neighboring areas - I was interviewed by Tim Ferriss for his blog.  Jessica Richman of uBiome was also interviewed - she was in SF, Ferriss was somewhere else, and I was on the phone in Vegas.  As soon as it was over I got caught up in the work I was doing there (field work for a new NSF Funded Project on "microbial dark matter".  Anyway - the interview was entertaining and I think interesting.  And then it came out while I was on the road again for another trip.  So I am just getting around to posting about it now.  Anway - here are some links for the podcast.

Ferriss' blog post about it: Are We Really 10% Human and 90% Bacteria? Exploring The Microbiome…

Direct links
I note - I have never done such a long interview for a show before (it was about two hours) but Ferriss was remarkably adept at making it relaxing and fun (for me at least).  Even the part about Jim Watson ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...